Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Yup still here -

I know, I know I am the worst quilt blogger ever!
I am owning this title!
Yes it has been 6 months since I last typed words here, yes I am still quilting - no I have not tossed in the fabric bolts and called it a day.

So the last six months -

Finished a few quilts, couple of guild monthly blocks, shopped for a lot of fabric, one might call it hoarding if one does not quilt. I simple like to think of it as collecting. Yes I will need more shelves and boxes and maybe a bigger room. Went on an awesome retreat with the Slow Stitching Movement. Best time ever. And I sewed a little bit. Of course a new addiction/obsession came out of it - hexes! (thanks Liza!) Couple trips up and down the eastern seaboard with family - not too many quilty stops along the way. The start of Row by Row or as I think of it a scavenger hunt for shops I did not know existed. But will now Have to stop as I pass through again. Challenges. Think that about wraps it up.

Anyhoo - here is my latest finish!
For the Modern Quilt Guild's Riley Blake challenge. They sent 6 fabrics and of course I added a few. (sanctioned shopping!!!!)
It could be anything and as soon as I saw it I knew it had to be French Roses!! Heather French's pattern was easy to follow and adapt to my own needs - smaller flowers. I used my fish bowl from my Houston quilt as a model for my rose bowl. I was thinking peonies but actually made roses.
Finished!
About to be submitted. Not sure how Modern but I love it and have hung it with pride!

Ok - so it will not be another 6 months - promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment