Monday, July 28, 2014

Best Quilty Trip . . .

ever!!! Or at least in a long time! A whole quilty trip and just quilts!

I found myself childless on the weekend of a quilt show - two words - ROAD TRIP!!!
I headed off to Hershey, Pa. to Quilt Odyssey 2014. Never been to Hershey ever, not even as a child on a field trip with school. (I grew up outside of Philadelphia).
Off I went - nothing better than a quilty road trip! I enjoyed the show - lots of great older Americana quilts from the region. Gorgeous award winners - far too many photos to share I am afraid. Loved every inspiring minute. It was a bit crowded but then again it was Saturday and it was to be expected. No issues - I can wait my turn to see and photo a quilt.
Fantastic merchants mall too - loads of familiar shops and many new ones too. And yes a few new treasures and threads jumped in my bag!
Once numb and overwhelmed with ideas swirling, I headed back east on the slow road stopping at Bird-in-Hand and Intercourse. I have always wanted to stop here since I started quilting but it was either a husband thing or 2 small boy things. Either way - nope. That day - just me and I stopped at each and every shop I could find! And I certainly never get tired if having to slow down for the Amish horse and buggies! They just make my heart sing!
Side note here - having grown up relatively nearby and spending a few days a year with elder aunties driving through the Amish Country the one thing I noticed was color. When I was little the ladies were in dark colors always - even summer. Not this time - bright solids were everywhere on the ladies and the young boys. And the clothes lines - love!
I am going to share my favorite photo of the day - a couple of young girls and boys getting water ice from Rita's. Just love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment